Oral presentations Guidelines
THE 22ND ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC MEETING,
2nd-3rd November 2017, Corinthia Hotel, Prague, Czech Republic
Format of the presentations
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint 97–2007, 2010 or higher versions* (*.ppt) or (*pptx), or Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) to guarantee they will open successfully on an on-site PC.
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
- At the 22nd annual International Scientific Meeting of BSOA 2017 all the screens will have the format ratio 16:9. We suggest all authors to prepare their presentation in the same format – 16:9. Please take this as a strong suggestion. The presentations in the 4:3 ratio can be also used, however the ratio 16:9 will better fit to the screens.
- Please note that if you use MacIntosh-based (APPLE software) presentations or your own laptop, please check in advance (preferably 2 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- Recommended font sizes 40, basic text app. 30, min. 20. Presentations should be clear, legible, so that texts, pictures, graphs, tables and equations were clearly visible from a distance.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- In case you have any videos in your presentation – please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-1 and AVI format should work with no difficulties.
How to save your presentation
- Please save your presentation on one of the following disc or medium:
• USB flash disc
• CD-ROM (CD-R/RW), DVD-ROM (DVD±R/RW)
- Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie/video files, etc.) to one folder/location.
- In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the 22nd annual International Scientific Meeting of BSOA 2017, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
- Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
- DVD-RAM – will not be available.
How to submit your presentation at the Meeting
- Please come to the Meeting Room where you have your presentation at least 1 ½ hour before the beginning of your session (during the break). In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come one day before the day of your presentation.
- During your lecture you will be using Remote Control for controlling your presentation.
- Your own notebook is allowed to use for presentation only after discussion with technician on-site.
Standard Equipment of the Meeting room
- Screen (16:9 ratio) (3 projections)
- Notebook (Windows 10, MS Office 2013)
- Remote control with laser pointer
- Microphone (goose neck) for a speaker, microphone for a headtable, 3 microphones for an auditorium
- LCD preview screen for a speaker and for a headtable
All presentations will be deleted from all the PC used during the Conference.